[HOWTO] Create a GoldCard - Bypassing the RUU/SPL CID check to Root/Downgrade
If you are stuck on a ROM you don't like (Orange UK/asian carrier etc.)you can use this howto to create a goldcard to bypass the CID checks soyou can downgrade and root your HTC Tattoo.
01. Download QMAT 5.06 here
It’s a demo version so will only run for 10 minutes.
02. Format your SD card to FAT32. Please keep in mind some brands of SD cards do not work.
03. Install Android SDK
. Use adb to run this command: adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid
04. Copy the SD card cid code displayed after the adb command.
05. Start Qmat and Click on Cyptoanalysis Tools > Crypto Toolbox.
06. Look at the bottom, there is a text box (beside the “Reverse String” button) enter the SD card cid code you got earlier.
Click on the “Reverse String” button, the result is reversed…
07. Copy the reversed SD card cid code.
08. Go to QMAT goldcard site here
(Free G1 goldcard generation !
) to generate your goldcard (yes it says for G1 but works for our HTC Tattoo too).
09. Enter your email. For the correct SD card cid code, you need to replace the first 2 characters to 00.
Example: From “532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402” to “002600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402”.
Replacing is not essential and you may try it if not replacing does not work for you.
10. Click Continue and you will receive the goldcard.img in .zip format in your email.
11. Go to your email, download the zip file and save it to a directory and unzip it to goldcard.img
12. Download HxD Hex Editor from here
13. Install and launch HxD Hex Editor program. (make sure you use "Run as Administrator" under Vista and win 7)
14. Go to Extra tab > Open Disk. Under Physical disk not Logical one
, select Removable Disk (Must be your SD card), uncheck “Open as Readonly), click OK.
15. Go to Extra again, Open Disk Image, open up goldcard.img which you’ve saved/unzipped earlier.
Now, you should have two tabs, one is your removable disk, the other isgoldcard.img. Press OK when prompted for “Sector Size” 512 (Harddisks/Floppy disks), click OK.
16. Click on goldcard.img tab. Go to Edit tab > Select All, edit tab again > copy.
17. Click on the “removable disk” tab. Select offset 00000000 tilloffset 00000170 (including the 00000170 line), click on Edit tab andthen Paste Write.
18. Click on File > Save. now you can exit the program.
19. Download HTC Tattoo ROM (RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
20 . Rename it to CLICIMG.zip and copy to root of your MicroSD.
21. Reboot your phone holding power and volume down buttons with this SD Card (now GoldCard) inside and should bypass CID error.
22. It should now load ROM and start flashing. Do not unplug the phoneor touch it until it fully finishes flashing it took 10 minutes for me.
Original heads up by junoreaktor
with link to this
That site used the XDA Sapphire goldcard howto here
The procedure is this i make it and not work probably because my phone is locked if someone have success please post here.